Monday, December 04, 2006

FUNNIES IN 6 WORDS

In the Nov 06 issue of WIRED, the magazine invited science fiction, fantasy and horror writers to write a story in just six words. This was inspired by Ernest Hemingway who once wrote "Baby shoes. For Sale. Never Worn." and he called it his best work.

Inspired, I would now like to try my hand at writing a funny story in six words. Not easy... considering the fact that I am, by nature, a longwinded fellow with a convoluted mind and an inability to summarise or simplify my thoughts and expressions...

But I'll try.

Anyway here are some of my attempts at doing 6-word funnies...

Holding it in. Almost home. Crap........

Blacks seeks French prostitutes. In Lahore.

Invite says Casual. I came naked.

He aims, shoots... misses urinal. Again.

Everyone's on myspace. Ozzy, Oscar... Osama?

New murder weapons. Grenades... Polonium... "Laser"

(said in the voice of Dr Evil... complete with hand gesture to indicate inverted commas)








If anyone else have any other ideas for other 6 word funnies, please email them to me at bigfooz@gmail.com and I'll post them up in the Open Mike section.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Kiss said...

:) funny n witty

8:02 pm  
Blogger bigfooz said...

That's pretty good teyk. More ethereal than funny (except for the last one, which is darkly hilarious)... but it works. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe this should be a more regular column... any more contributions?

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home