Tuesday, October 03, 2006

TOP TEN THINGS THE ASTRONAUTS WERE THINKING OF AS THEY ACCOMPANIED THE FIRST FEMALE SPACE TOURIST



On the 8 September 2006, Anousheh Ansari became the world's first female space tourist. She blasted off into space in the Russian Soyuz spacecraft together with a two man crew headed to the international space station for their 6 month stint in space. She returned to Earth 10 days later with the outgoing US-Russian crew.

This is what the all male crew really thought about while they were in space with Anousheh.



10. I busted my ass to get to space too... how come she's hogging all the media attention?

9. I hope she knows how to cook. I just had a sudden craving for hummus...

8. We finally got a woman up here and we still have to eat food from tubes...

7. If she asks me if I'm lost one more time..........

6. Who am I supposed to ask directions from? The space debris outside? Aliens? That oncoming... asteroid?

5. For the last time lady... we can't get Oprah in space.

4. I don't care if she paid $20 million for this trip, she is not going to boss me around

3. Now we can't just fart whenever we want anymore

2. Finally... some eye candy.

1. Honestly... the spacesuit does make your ass look kinda big.

Now... before you give me any flak for gender stereotyping, the above are all made up and Ansari was reportedly an efficient crew mate up there in the international space station. So kudos to her.

And secondly, to clarify... this was not lifted from the David Letterman show as some of you have presumed. This Top Ten is produced by me and the reason I'm doing this is really as a tribute to Letterman and also to hopefully convince someone to send me to New York to watch Letterman Live.

But heck... screw New York. Send me to space! Don't be a cheapskate. It's only... what... US$20 million?

4 Comments:

Blogger 默之猫名 said...

nice blog..

2:52 pm  
Blogger bigfooz said...

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it... :-)

3:33 pm  
Blogger vayern said...

Yo bro,

Any chance of me getting a taste of your home-made hummus?
Still waiting to be invited to one of your famous rendang meals.

Zhengyi

9:45 am  
Blogger bigfooz said...

You're in luck bro... Hari Raya's coming soon and if there's one thing that we have in abundance during Hari Raya... is rendang.

The invite's coming soon...

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home