Thursday, May 26, 2011

SHIT FOR BRAINS


I know it has been ages since I've written on this blog... but I just had an epiphany about myself.

I was in the midst of writing a script and stuck with this long monologue I'm drafting. So tired of thinking, I decide to take a break (by that, I mean go to the loo and take a dump). I've always known that I am most inspired when I'm doing the deed in the loo. Something about the constricting of the rectal muscles down south somehow helps ease the cerebrum up north and facilitates a flurry of activity in my neurons. I don't know why... but it just does.

And then... the EPIPHANY!

I finally realise why I am fat (well, I prefer the word chubbilicious but unfortunately that word is not catching on). It's not because it's genetics or because of my slower than average metabolism rate or because I'm too freaking lazy to get off my butt and exercise. No. I finally realise that in some screwed up way, my brain is wired to tell me to eat all the time because in order for it to function in its best capacity and have bursts of creative inspiration, I need to go and have a shit. It's only when there's activity down below then will my brain be firing on all cylinders.

Heard of the phrase, "I'm so hungry I can't think straight"? That's not your brain telling you it needs food so that it can then turn into energy so that it can function... that's the brain telling you it needs food so that it can be processed so that when it's all turned to crap, that is when the magic can happen. Well, for me, at least.

Now that puts a new spin on the word - Shit for brains.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yulia said...

Wah, I've long since attended the wake, burried, laid down flowers on the funeral of this blog.

On a serious note, I read a book sometime ago (the title of which escapes me now) that the commercial world is geared towards making us eat, and eat more unhealthy stuff at that. The ads in the media, the flavour enhancers, the way a dining est is designed, portion sizes, pricing, etc, are all working towards us consuming more food. Like that Spurlock guy says, how much $$ goes into advertising fresh fruits and veggies, compared to, say, McD?

I'm not saying we should absolve all responsibilities about our health, but dang it this world does not make it easy. Very very difficult in fact.

Anyhoo, you're not fat. You're just puffy ;o)

9:31 am  
Blogger bigfooz said...

Puffy... nice. Makes me feel like I'm the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters. Great boost to the ego. Thanks...

:-)

8:27 pm  
Blogger Yulia said...

Nahh you're slightly bigg.. I mean puffier than the Marshmallow man. Mmm marshmallows...

5:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home